- Skip the crowded resorts and book accommodations at a cozy B&B instead. You’ll not only get more personalized service and plenty of one-on-one time, but also be able to stay at a unique property with a history and character all its own.
- Plan activities geared towards couples, such as massages, wine tastings, or picnics on the beach. Make reservations ahead of time where applicable or enlist the help of the B&B staff to round up any supplies you might need.
- Be sure to schedule a few new activities to experience together for the first time, too. For example, parasailing, scuba diving and surfing lessons, and wave runner rentals are available at many beaches, as are whale watching cruises, submarine adventures, and hot air balloon rides.
- Go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant at least once during your getaway, and make a point of trying a new dish (a local food or delicacy would be best). This will expand your culinary horizons and add to your trip’s growing list of memorable experiences.
- Stay out on the beach a little later than usual and watch the sunset together. Throw in a shared towel and a couple of umbrella drinks and you have the quintessential romantic moment of any beach getaway.
- Allow for some downtime in your itinerary so you can truly relax with each other. Rushing from activity to activity every day of your trip can quickly become chaotic and stressful, so make sure to leave some room for sleeping in, taking an extra long hike, or exploring the kinds of places that don’t make it into guidebooks.
Plan a Romantic Beach Getaway
A couple weeks ago we used this space to talk about some of the best beach destinations for a winter getaway. This time we’re going to assume you’ve already booked your tickets for Hawaii, Florida, or one of the other hot spots we mentioned and are ready to put the finishing touches on your itinerary before jetting off with your loved one. Now, in a nod to Cupid and Valentine’s Day, here are some tips on how to amp up the romance factor to make your trip unforgettable.